The project “GET2IT“ has been approved for a grant worth 100.800,00 EUR from the European Union via the Europe for Citizens Programme – Measure 2.2. Networks of Towns. The lead partner of the project is Pučko otvoreno učilište Varaždin – POU Varaždin, which is an adult learning institution of the City of Varazdin that is dedicated to enhancing education, creating employment opportunities and building the knowledge and skills of citizens so that they match market needs.
The project partnership covers 5 European countries (Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Italy and the Czech Republic). The specific partners on the project are:
- Tourist Organisation of the City of Sremska Mitrovica (TO SM) located in Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia
- Regional Development Agency of Srem Ltd. Ruma located in Ruma, Serbia
- Centro Studio e Lavoro „La Cremeria“ srl located in Cavriago, Italy
- Comune di Cavriago, Italy
- Ljudska Univerza Ptuj (LUP) located in Ptuj, Slovenia
- Institut pro regionalni rozvoj, o. p. s. located in Prague 6, Czech Republic
The project started on March 1, 2020 and it will end on March 31, 2021. The main objective of the project is to engage citizens in democratic processes. The first event is scheduled for September, 2020.